Monday, November 28, 2016
Sweater↠Target Jeans↠ J. Crew Bag↠ Zara Shoes↠Steve Madden
I really enjoy watching Stranger Thing, so when I saw this sweater it literally brought me back to the show. I found the sweater to be super cute it looks like I got it from my father from back in the 80’s but no I got it really cheap on target on sale.
Sunday, November 13, 2016
I have always had a sweet tooth. When it comes to chocolate and caramel no doubt these two would make the best mix. The bater itself is super rich and luxurious, the frosting is creamy and delicious ! It's a butter cream frosting with carmel drizzle on top with chocolate chips, walnuts (optional) . I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Chocolate Cup Cake batter
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
Butter Creme Frosting
- 1 Butter Stick (1/2 cup), softened
- 1 butter stick salted(1/2 cup), softened
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup salted caramel, cooled
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix together with a large spatula in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Measure out mini chocolate chips, place in a small bowl and add 2 Tablespoons of the dry mixture and mix. Set said both bowls.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl for 2 minutes, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add eggs and mix for 2 minutes (scrape the bottoms and sides of the bowl). Add vanilla extract, vegetable oil, coffee. Mix thoroughly for about 1 minute (batter will look curdled).
- Add the dry ingredients in two batches and mix together until they are combined (don’t over mix and don’t forget to scrape the bottoms and sides of the bowl). Add chocolate chip mixture and fold into the batter using a rubber spatula.
- Portion out 1/4 cup of cake batter into lined muffin tins. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes on 350 degrees F or when inserting a toothpick in a couple of cupcakes in the center comes out clean. Carefully remove cupcakes from the muffin tin and cool on wire cooling racks.
Salted Caramel Buttercream
- In your stand mixer bowl using the paddle attachment, mix thoroughly the softened 1 stick Butter unsalted and Stick of butter salted on low to medium speed. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Turn off your mixer and in two batches, add the powdered sugar and mixing until well blended (it will look like a dough). Be careful, the powered sugar can go everywhere!
- Add salted caramel sauce and mix for about 3 to 4 minutes. I like to refrigerate my buttercream before using. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes you can also leave it overnight , just place on the kitchen counter for a little while before icing your cupcakes.
- Pipe buttercream over cupcakes using your favorite tip in a decorator/frosting bag. Drizzle leftover caramel sauce on top and serve!